The Thirupuvanam Foundation has several special projects that it supports:
- We finance the medication for two children from underprivileged backgrounds with cystic fibrosis. Medical treatment costs are unaffordable for their parents.
- In 2013 hepatitis vaccines were given for over 300 children from the GTHPS school as also for 80 ex-students now in secondary school. This has been our effort to ensure that the children’s health is fortified.
- The foundation provides free health insurance for all its staff.
- The foundation spends about 3% of its funds for medical support.
- Micro finance is a field in which some preliminary work is being done. We have a loan scheme for our employees only.
- Foundation employees in urgent financial need are given interest free loans for durations of up to one year.
- The scheme has helped uplift the families of the employees, reduce their dependence on money lenders & thereby avoid exorbitant interest rates.
- At present just about 8% of the funds of the foundation are being used to finance this project.
- The foundation supports diverse one time infrastructure projects to improve the standard of the GTHPS school for the students.
- The foundation has funded school bags and shoes for all school children.
- The foundation has set up a water filter to provide clean water to the school children. This was funded by a corporate donor.
- The foundation has redone the bathrooms and toilets to ensure decent hygienic standards.
- The foundation built a kitchen last year to improve the food preparation facilities for the school children.
- The foundation partially financed the construction of 2 school rooms.
- The foundation plans to implement this year a project to set right some big leakage issues at the GTHPS school.