The major project and focus of the activities of the Thirupuvanam foundation lie in providing better standards of education for children from poor families at the higher primary school level, which covers the first seven years of school education in India. The “school support” project is the pivotal point of our thrust and objectives.
- Regular food motivates parents to send their children to primary school.
- The foundation provides warm midday meals for around 300 school students daily.
- Good nutritional value & a balanced diet is offered.
- Additional school teachers hired and financed by the foundation contribute to a better student-teacher ratio & enhance the quality of education.
- The foundation provides an English language teacher, a teacher for the primary classes, a physical trainer and a teacher for computer education.
- English introduced in the primary school provides a good stepping stone for improved prospects for students in a later phase in life.
- Besides this, physical training and discipline is imparted for all children at least twice a week.
- Children are healthy due to regular nutritious food.
- Attendance has greatly improved since their hunger is satisfied.
- Children complete their primary education from our school at a much higher education standard.
- Additional options offered at this school help improve social skills and future prospects for these children.
- Our testimony lies in the 50 to 60 children who finish their higher primary education every year and continue there education at a secondary school.
- We spend about 42% of our yearly budgeted funds for the school support program.
- Even though the midday meal scheme is partially reimbursed by the government, the foundation incurs considerable additional expenses to ensure higher nourishment standards.
- The Foundation incurs an additional 3,500 INR per year and per child for midday meals program
- For the extensive school support programs we currently incur an additional 3,300 INR per child every year.
- The Foundation incurs an additional 2,800 INR per year and per child for midday meals program
- For the extensive school support programs we currently incur an additional 4,300 INR per child every year.